Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Pre-Op Appt.

Well...
Today i went to Pre-Op all nervous and no appetite because my boyfriend told me there will be physical and blood test there and i hates blood test because I'm under 100 pound and one vial of blood makes me woozy haha.
But turned out I was all nervous for nothing! I didnt need blood or whatever test before the surgery! So I assume they will do that on the surgery day, My surgeon listened to my heart and heard my heart murmur today, usually doctor didn't hear it but today yup but he don't seem to be worried about it he just told me i need to get heart checked up and catch up with my cardiologist after I told him I didn't get any check up in long while (12 years lol). So everything looked good today and I'm good to go!

I'm little nervous about surgery but I'm sure once i entered the room and it hit me and become super nervous and maybe crying lol I don't know we will see!

Also I should be totally fine going under since there's like people with serious or fatal heart problem going under general anesthesia and wake up all fine and mine is just small murmur so its not big deal right?

Just hope sedative or part of anesthesia whatever triggered it work what it supposed to this time around and makes me calm down and relaxed a bit instead of the opposite effect and makes it worse! last time it was crazy my legs was so shaky and my heart rate was super fast at one point it reached 140 bpm! (beats per min) and set alarm off!

just hope things work out smoothly and going under with no problem just get calm, sleepy then passed out and wake up, NO freaking out shaking, set alarms off and causing scene in OR room!

so wish me luck!

Still haven't gotten my time for surgery day but they told me to call day before surgery day to get time and whatever I need to do there.

I'm kinda hoping it'll be in afternoon so i can sleep in to makes myself not hungry instead of in morning when I'm super starving, we will see!

Keep eyes on my Blog I'll update again night before surgery and after surgery whenever I'm up to type a blog about surgery day and then few more in between to tell how I'm feeling and pictures to put up too and update again on Feb 12th my activation day!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

What day is your surgery? I'm excited for you...it will be SO worth it!!!

Jeff said...

That's great Amy! Glad your pre-op went well. Surgery is always a bit nerve-wracking, but just try to stay focused on how nice it will be when it's behind you. I have a little heart murmur too and have had 3 surgeries without any problem. I always mention it to the anesthesiologist in advance. I'm looking forward to reading your upcoming posts.

Jen: Hi! I think Amy's surgery is next Tuesday, January 15th.