Friday, January 18, 2008

Finally an Update






Alright Im finally feeling well enough to come to computer and typed up an update on me.



Heres it goes.






Jan 14th, Monday:



I was sooo busy all day cleaning the house, bedroom, bathroom, washing all laundry, put dishes away, put on clean bed sheets, took care of my 2 fish tanks, packed an overnight bag, everything i needed to do before surgery finally all done then rested just relaxing on couch. then went to bed around 2 pm I was too excited to go sleep so that is why i went to bed so late lol.






Jan 15th, Tuesday:



Woke up at 5:30 am get dressed in lovely pink button-up shirt, black with white polka-dot sweater, maroon aeropostales sweatpant on then waited for jason my boyfriend to get up and then we left to go to hospital around 6:00 am and arrived at hospital at 6:45 got valet parking ooh fancy then went in did paperwork, waiting for couple while then went in pre-op room get IV, questioned about my medical history blah blah blah then finally wheeled to OR room so scary! all tools, bright light, machines, bunch of people scrubbed up and in gown and bunch of stuff on table making me super nervous then anesthesiologist gave me sedative the part i was dreading the most, it worked well calmed my nerves and made me sleepy..... BUT at very last few seconds i couldn't breath at all! i was gagging, gasping for air and then boom next thing i know im in recovery room, i couldn't keep my eyes open for next 3 hours then finally can stay awake when needed they moved me to different room so my boyfriend could come in to see me, my boyfriend told me as soon my name moved from OR room to recovery room on computer screen in waiting room the snowflake fell and then few seconds it started to snow and it was so beautiful i thought it was awesome because i wanted snow and i finally got it and i think its sign that its going to be successful!. I was VERY sleepy keep falling asleep then finally time for me to go home they sent me home early because i was doing so well. arrived home my boyfriend carried me upstairs to my bed and fell asleep! then i don't remember what happened after that haha






jan 16th, Wednesday:



Same things couldnt remember diddly squat i was high on painkiller and keep falling asleep and zoning out, ate pudding, soups and sleeping all day no real pain only very sore throat, stiff neck and super sleepy.






jan 17th, Thursday:



same thing zoning out dont remember much, except started to experience slight pain in where implant is:



got my appetite back around early afternoon i was starving and keep bugging my boyfriend for food haha






jan 18th, friday (today):



so much more alert, less stiff neck, felt sharp pain in implanted side and inside where eardrum is, ate alot of food took medicine, watched movie just relaxing, had good day today. pain's tolerable nothing too severe only discomfort and before the medicine kicked in i had sore jaw, fullness in ear, tender and sore to touch on my head where implant is. that's it. sore throat is almost completely gone today!






I also added few pictures as you can see enjoy them also its slightly gross but it still got tapes on so no big deal. also im not 100% sure but i think the blue marking on my head is where my implant is.
the doctor shaved more than they told me grrr but its not like too horrible though, oh well.
I will add more after post-op appointment to show my incision without tapes on and will add more after activation too to show off my sparkly brand new pink CI!
























5 comments:

Abbie said...

Glad to see everything went well and you got snow! :) Your recovery seems to be going very well. They shaved an awful lot away! When do you go back for your check up?

Your bionic now!

Valerie said...

You look great! Glad recovery is going well. Rest rest and rest some more.

Jennifer said...

The hardest part is behind you...I'm so glad for you! Rest up and recover, girl! :)

Jeff said...

Yay! Glad you're doing well and letting us know. And pictures so soon -- thanks!! Very cute! I think you're right that the blue marks the implant location.

Amy said...

abbie-
YEAH i know they shaved so much! but at least when i let my hair down it cover the bald spot completely so thats important part lol