Tuesday, March 18, 2008

CI's offically an success!

I went to crowded bar last night for St. Patrick's Day. At first I was little bit overwhelmed by all noise, music and other people talking loudly I switched to Focused Listening but it didnt work well enough for my preference so I switched to Noise one and I can hear other people talking to me if I try hard enough and I'll understand some by listening and lipreading some as well and I didnt notice till next day that I actually had fun! For first time ever I had fun in hearing event in last almost 4 years now. because before CI I would sit and look down or play with my Sidekick instead of socializing because I was so afraid to ever had any chance of people trying to talk to me because I cant read lips without sound. So I was always extremely bored and feel left out and isolated, and depressed. For some of you loyal reader, you remember how I want CI to get my social life back... Well apparently its BACK! So its an success story! YAY!!!
Now I can't wait to go to other social events!

2 comments:

Shari said...

I was catching up on your blog. I am glad that you are adjusting well with your CI. :)

Congrats on your recent engagement. Sounds like it's YOUR year!!

I hope you get many more CI moments.

Billy said...

Hey There,
Interesting page. Great to hear you are enjoying your CI, hey, It gets better!