Saturday, April 11, 2009

Post-Hearing Aid My Thought

So now after fairly sucessful trial with hearing aid I had moderately bit of dizziness woosh sensation in my head at the beginning but it goes away after long while so right now at this moment only FEW sounds trigger that but 80% other sounds that I can get with my residual hearing is fine no problem at all. 

Also one symptoms I dont think I've mentioned before, is achy around implant site sometimes it'll spread down to part of neck and little bit to the back of the head (only implanted side of the neck so left side) but its lways random and goes away after I wake up (18-24 hours)  then its gone and come back whenever without warning I think the reason is that surgeon might've not made it flush to the skull well enough for some reason maybe thin skull or oversensitivity skin/muscles around implant since I have thin skin could be anything,
 Also since I'm migraine sufferer it could be from that. Im trying out few medications to see what relieves migraine and hopefully fix the achy problem. 
I consider it mild most of time and sometimes moderate but never horrible or affect my mood/day. 

So I'm having 2nd thought about getting other ear implanted since I'm worried if I'll get same achy thing and also I dont want to go back disliking the music again because my fiance's all about music so it's not fun when he enjoy the music when I hated it with CI (but hearing aid bring in more bass sounds so now im back enjoying music as long its not too loud)
So we'll see maybe 5-15 years I'll change my mind again who know maybe there'll be longer array to get WHOLE cochlea to get ALL frequencies then I'll get it in a heartbeat (if surgeon will even implant it) but right now I'll wait

4 comments:

deafdude said...

Hey I read your blog and understand your reason why you got a CI. You have 110db HL in the worse ear and 100db in the better. I have only 75db loss at 250Hz while you have way more loss in the low frequencies. How well are you hearing aided? My audiologist believes he can get me down to 15db aided. But if my loss was very profound like yours, I wouldn't hear loud enough with HAs and seriously consider a CI to hear more environmental sounds.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your story. Actually the Cochlear implant is better that the Hearing Aid. Here are cases I've been heard in blogs and websites when babies for the few month of observing the baby is not responding any sound or expression of language, this is the time prefer to use CI not the hearing aid. Well I found a interesting site where people give their opinions about hearing aid.

Anonymous said...

Hi there, I found your blog by typing in hair for an assignment for a drawing class as I am an animator about to graduate. Sorry to learn about this, It's amazing you wish to share this I wanted to just post something to you as kind of a gift in a way because I'm wanting you to know I'm acknowledging you as a person and not by your hearing loss.

I also wanted to comment because you're really cute!

Anyways, I have no idea of what age you are, I'm 21, I only wanted to mention the cuteness because i wanted it to come out as a compliment.

Righto, take it easy, Will

dancilhoney said...

I would recommend them to other work collegues. phonak hearing aids buda tx