Sunday, January 25, 2009

Bringing it back from the dead

Ok I'm sure you guys are puzzled by the title of the blog, I'm thinking about bringing back something we all thought it was over and buried.......
Hearing aid!
Well since I know surgeon won't implant my right ear until I speak well so I figured until then I should try hearing aid again since my CI's louder than hearing aid it might equalize the sound input so it don't feel whooshy and feel unbalanced.
I emailed audiologist about it but haven't received an reply yet. I will let you guys know what she said later.
I just want sound coming in right ear, I'm not too worried about speech clarity for right ear since I'm getting it from left.
We will see how that turn out.
Also I found info about recruitment it said good audiologist can work around it like theu does for CI and sensitive spot they turn off or lower one electrode. Same idea with hearing aid and recruitment spot. I should ask about that also I know low frequency make the issue with hearing aid worse and I looked up at oticon sumo dm the one I trial with before CI it said it put all the power toward low frequency (No wonder!) so I can ask to turn it into normal sound amplification or try different one.
Of course I will update on how it goes.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heya just found your blog :) , i have a cochlear implant too.
i think your blog is great - love the video about you wanting people to change their focus - not the implant but you as a person.