Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My 3 month Result!

Today Result
Word test NO lipreading= 20%

Sentence Test NO lipreading= 4%

Sentence test with lipreading= 79%

Before CI Result
Word test NO lipreading= 0%

Sentence test NO lipreading= 0%

Sentence test with lipreading= 42%


Hello everyone!
I got my 3 months post-activation test result from today on here.
See the blue line its shaped like an table so i got most of it on 30 decibel (yay passed my goal) and only 0-250 and 6000+ is on 40. I got most of the speech banana now whoo-hoo.
Also you notice that my score wasn't high but to me its something! Little improvement is better than none at all! Also my excuse for this score being low is that from losing my CI i had to use my back-up Mini BTE and it doesn't have accessory jack so I Couldn't do any of the rehab material like book on tape to practice listening. But now I got my new CI Processor today and its regular size so now i can use the jack to get back on rehabbing lol.

3 comments:

Laurie said...

That is a great start! It will only get better from here! A/V Therapy helped me alot after I got my first CI. I had to learn to listen for those sounds I couldn't hear before. And tell the difference between them. Hang in there and keep practicing!

Victor said...

Amy,
I just read your blog through a link on alldeaf.com. I remember those result charts and I'm really glad that you're excited about them.

I remember how fusturating bi-weekly auditory training was, but I got so much better through the year that it made it all well worth it -- Eventually something like 75-85% word recognition without lipreading.

Fortunately for me, I grew up in a S.E.E culture (Wichita, KS) with D/HOH friends who aren't closed minded about Cochlear Implants, so I've managed to keep my microcosm of Deaf/HOH friends by my side.

Congrats on the engagement and keep up the blog! I hope you progress just the way you've been hoping.

-Vic

jackie said...

Great to hear how you are getting on with your implant. You blog is really interesting.

I work with a charity in the UK you can find out about us at www.earfoundation.org.uk and we would be really interested to find out more about your story. It would be great if you would be willing to get in touch which you can do through our website.

Good luck